Luggage has come a long way, from cloth bundles to cartons, cloth bags to box suitcases and airbags, two-wheeled suitcases to backpacks and four-wheeled suitcases. Gone are those days where you have to bundle up everything on your head and walk around. Technology has advanced so much that travelling can be made a lot easy with the right baggage. Travel smart with new age trunk. Here are a few tips when you go luggage shopping.
- Buy according to your need. If you are a regular traveller for business purposes, then a small compact baggage will solve the purpose. However, if you are a heavy traveller, then you definitely need one that provides maximum space to accommodate your things.
- Buy according to your mode of transportation. If you are travelling by rail or road, ensure your box fits well in the overhead or trunk space. If you are travelling by air, then choose the baggage of the correct dimensions.
- Choose the right type of trunks from backpacks to four-wheelers. Based on comfort and ease of travelling buy the baggage that will help you move around easily.
- Choose the right fabric. Ensure the material that your baggage is made of is durable and can resist wear and tear and even rough handling. These days, there are materials available that are even water resistant. Moreover, the material itself should be lightweight, else it will unnecessary add on to the weight of the suit bag as a whole.
- Colour matters. It is recommended not to buy light coloured bags, as they tend to get dirty easily. Dark colours are preferred and also pick a colour and pattern that can be spotted easily from the baggage conveyor belts at the airports, thus saving you time.
- Always ask for a warranty card. Renowned luggage dealers provide warranty on the handles and wheels. Some even offer 100% replacement on the entire baggage, subject to certain conditions.